Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Germany - Dinner at the "Mud Hole" and gender specific bathrooms




Ok, I am a little behind on my posting, I had some pics I was going to post with this one, so I have been waiting till I figured that out. Mr. Honicke took me to a cool spot for dinner on Wednesday night. The trainslation is the Mud Hole...something like Lamecouger..anywho, when he first told me the trainslation, I thought he was saying Mutt Hole, which didn't make a lot of sense to me..as you can imagine. Great spot though, it's built out of very large pieces of weathered wood, it's what I picture the inside of Noah's Ark would have looked like. But the best part is the back dinning area. It's a patio, with a tree branch canopy that has light strung on it, and grape vines growing on it over head. There is also a sand box with slides for the kids to play on. I have attached a picture of the patio









We had a great dish of pork and noodles with grilled mushrooms that I will certainly be ordering again while I am here. And of course I had some German wine while he drank some German beer. We chated quite a bit about travel during dinner, he has been a quite a few trips that I would love to go on. He took a trip in 1989 that started in San Francisco, went to L.A. and San Diego, then over to Death Valley, the Grand Canyon, Bristol Canyon, and back to San Francisco. All this in 2 weeks.



We also planned out what we are going to do on Sunday. He is going to take me to the Tegelberg cable car. We will ride the cable car up a mountain, then hike back down. At the base of the mountain are 2 very large castles that we will visit. So that should be a good trip, looking forward to that.



One more thing I learned at dinner was the words used for men's and women's bathrooms.

Can you guess which one is the men's bathroom?????

hopefully it takes you one less guess than it took me :-)

Also took my first ride in a Smart Car....Mr. Honicke owns one.

No comments:

Post a Comment