Monday, August 24, 2009

Germany - Pizza Dinner

Monday, more of my co-workers arrived in Germany. Mark Hollebeek, JohnFountain, and Karel, who is from the Czech Republic. The four of us went to a little pizza joint that is a half block from the hotel for dinner. I had been eyeing this place every day when I walk by it, but never stopped in. So I talked the guy into going there last night. The setting was great, outside seating, tables with umbrellas over them, a little patch of grass in the middle of the eating area, lots of plants, trees.....and wasps. The food was delicious, I think we all got the special, except for Mark, he had the Trufel I believe. There were 12" pizzas, and I think we all almost polished them all off. I of course pizzasaid no way was I eating all that.....but I think I was the only one that finished mine :-)


This is a shot of Karel and John just after we got served. John is checking his email as he and Mark just activated there phones for international service as we sat down, so lots of emails, and Karel is, well, being Karel from what I could tell. Also, if you count, you will notice four beers...obvously one of those was not for me....but the server intended it that way, so I tried a little just so I could say I had some German Beer while in Germany. Yeah, just like Chinese food, beer is the same no matter what continent you are on....nuf said.




Here are a few more pics of the place, you can see the patch of grass I mentioned, a little bit of landscaping, and that cool "mist" that makes the bottom picture look great, that's actually the smoke from the BBQ grill that is just to the right of the picture. he was grillin up something over there. So that was our night.
Wait, I did have a little more excitement, I rode the hotel bike to the gym last night, and when I was coming back it was getting dark and hard to see. This bike has a light, so I was using that, but I was wearing dark clothes. So, as my recent history in this country would predict, I almost had a collision with another biker, head on coming around a corner. Luckily, one of us, me, swerved out of the way, and into a concrete wall.......I have a few scrapes to show for it, but I think I will keep all my limps. Not sure what is going one over here, but I am all off my game :-)
Ah yes, this also reminds me, for those that have not been here before, when you ask for water, you need to ask for no bubbles, or no gas I think is the more common way of stating this. They carbonate most of thier beverages over here. Water, apple juice, most juices, millk....ok, not the milk. But, even though I am aware of this, I still forget sometimes and take a big swig of what tastle like flat Faygo Cream Soda Pop....if you have ever had that. Not good, or refreshing.
Also, all of the picture I have taken, except the hiking ones, have been with my Storm camera. I think it takes pretty good pictures for a camera phone......

No comments:

Post a Comment