Thursday, August 20, 2009

Germany - Dinner in Downtown Bietigheim

Had dinner with Mr. Honicke today in downtown Bietigheim at another Swabian resturant. Bietigheim is beautiful, it's really easy to forget how young our contry is. Old in our contry is a few hundred years old, old over here is a few thousand years, and I think the attraction of buildings gets better with age. We took a little time before dinner to walk through the town, look at some of the shop, achitecture, sculptures and people. Got some good pictures...




What is it........
You guessed it, four horses on top of each other................like Goldilocks and the three bears, but with hooves







Good trip through town. One thing I noticed is that not a lot of the eateries around Bietigheim have English menus, but I remembered in Suttgart most did. Mr. Honicke thought this is probably because of all the US GI's in Stuttgart........So, Hollebeek, you will have to be picking our meals for us next week.....Ben, you are in good shape.
Oh, and you can stop worrying, I decided to drive us to dinner tonight so I could get the hang of it before I drove across the country tomorrow, and apparently I still remember how to do it......even though I was never very good at it, today was probably my best manual driving display ever.....must be another thing that comes with rings :-)
Enjoy the rest of you day kids

No comments:

Post a Comment