Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Germany - Chinese for Lunch & Stick Shifts

All of the food I have been eating here seems to be fairly healthy. Grilled or baked meats, noodles, light sauces....nothing fried. That is, except for the Chinese joint we keep going to, where everything is fried. Chinese tastes the same no matter what continent you are on, that's for sure, they even slip a little sushi in there, which I don't mind at all.

Aside from the fried food, lunch was pretty good, because I got to see this......




This would be the first Ford I have seen on the roads of Bietigheim....well, I guess this one isn't technically on the road, parking lot if you will. But as you can see, this baby is going for about 1,990 Euro, so a cool $2,800 for this bad boy......not sure about that deal..
Which reminds me, I have had a company car while I am here, but I have yet to use it, I have been walking to the office, which is nice, and the hotel lends me a bike to go to the gym. Really I have been avoiding it because I haven't driven a stick in about 5 years, so I am a little out of practice. Well, Satruday, I am driving to Baden-Baden, which is a town on the edge of the Black Forest known for their waterfalls, hiking/biking trails and vineyards. This will be about a 90 minute drive each way....minimumn. I have to drive into Stuttgart first to pick up the bike I rented, so there will be some fun city driving to get me refreshed, then I will be off, hopefully with my transmissin intact. Wish me luck.
Oh, and those of you who have been reading these can tell a dude is used to having Spell Check watch his back......my apologies

No comments:

Post a Comment