Thursday, August 27, 2009

Germany - In other Bietigheim Food News...

In other news today, we had a produce market pop-up on our way to the butcher to get lunch


I was excited about this because as some of you know, I enjoy some good produce from time to time. My plan was to grab some strawberries and raspberries on my way back from lunch and snack on them this afternoon. However, by the time we got done with lunch, which lasts about 15-20 minutes max here in Germany, they had torn down almost all of the market and were no longer selling :-(So I settled for some OJ from the store.

And Yesterday, Mark, John, Karel and myself went to the Chinese restaurant for lunch. Good food as always, Mark and Karel discovered the chopsticks which I was unaware of. Funny thing was after we got done eating, none of us could remember what the protocal was there for plates, if we took them up to a trash area, or if they bused the tables.
So we took a guess at what we were supposed to do and carried out plates back inside from the sitting area. When we got inside, one of the employess, I think, was asking us what we needed, and we didn't know what to say, we just wanted to know what to do with our plates. So, we all stood there, the four of us, with dirty plates in our hands, looking at her, and at each other. Seemed like about 5 minutes, but I am sure it was about 15 seconds, finally I think John just stretched his arm out with the plate in has hand, and she got this hint.....good stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment